TV TIME: SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
Hello everyone! Today is TV Tuesday but since I'm all by myself with 8 episodes of Spongebob on my DVR I figured I'd try a TV Time. Now I know what you're all thinking, "You always do Spongebob for TV Time. Why not call it Spongebob Time?" Well you're right. I just love this show so much that I always want to talk about it. AND NOW I THINK I WILL.
Today's episodes are "Wet Painters" and "Krusty Krab Training Video"
In "Wet Painters" Mr. Krabs gets Spongebob and Patrick to paint his living room but if they get any permanent paint on anything but the walls they're in a lot of trouble
Things That Stood Out:
- C.H. GREENBLATT! best episodes
- "a one way ticket to pain!"
- every time Mr Krabs touches Spongebob he squeaks
- I recorded this episode in March so there are ads for the Kids Choice Awards
- Spongebob and Patrick are too excited to paint the living room for free
- "that's what I said, we're not getting paid and that's final"
- smallest tarp ever
- they got more tarps but they're all still super small and cover nothing
- "CAREFUL SPONGEBOB!" "Patrick the lid's already off"
- a drop of paint that bounces from tarp to trap but lands in the paint can again
- "Well that was a rip off"
- Patrick sure has a lot of nose hairs for a guy with no nose
- They kept all the shit on the wall so the wall will be brown under all of it
- Meta moment with the time cards gag
- "what can be worse than a giant paint bubble?" "oh I know, two giant paint bubbles!"
- the paint lands like a puzzle on the wall
- the smallest speck of paint in the world on Mr Krab's first dollar!
- Patrick is super cute in this episode wow
- just realizing this but isn't the dollar in a frame? so the paint is just on the frame? I guess not
- Mr Krabs has a bra that doesn't look like it belongs to Pearl
- "we have technology"
- MR KRABS HAS A FUCKING VENDING MACHINE WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED
- even Spongebob's reflection bails
- I like Mr. Krab's bag of groceries
- the floor molding is cute little boats on the water
- so many paintings. I could watch Mr. Krabs pull different paintings off the wall all day
- "and then did you draw on it with crayon" "I thought, you know, maybe he'd buy it"
- the dollar's frame didn't have a front but I swear earlier it did
- "nah I just like to mess with ya!"
- "old man's still got it"
That episode is so good that it's hard to top it and "Krusty Krab Training Video" does it. As we all know "Krusty Krab Training Video" is a video showing you what it's like working for the Krusty Krab and it's one of the greatest episodes of all time (in my opinion which is actually a fact)
Things That Stood Out:
- As I said earlier C.H. Greenblatt is involved in the best episodes and of course he did this one
- the killer music and random shots
- a spatula and a can of paint?
- "but mostly his sweat"
- BABY MR KRABS IS THE BEST
- The Rusty Krab retirement home
- "right? ha ha WRONG!"
- They keep showing that bathroom shot
- Mr. Krabs has a way of making everything sound expensive when it's just ice and a straw
- I want to see an episode about Mr. Krab's fear of robot overlords
- Spongebob is such a dimwit
- Squidward is who I am at my job
- "sorry, can't hear ya" is something I say all the time
- People. Order. Our. Patties.
- A. a sofa B. an expensive haircut or C. a patty
- I wrote all that before they even said it I am ashamed
- please wash your fins
- literally just clean your hands until you can't see them anymore
- HE CUT THE ZIT OFF OF HIS NOSE
- SQUIDWARD IS ME OH MY GOD
- I love how the real life krabby patty they show doesn't look like it'll fit in a mouth
- oh let me just check my tomato file
- Squidward is a failure and that is why I feel for him
- Spongebob is an obedient dog
- THE ELECTRIC CHAIR
- Patrick is so freaked by the voice over
- "are you gonna order something or just make friends with the paneling?"
- the Mr Krabs cut out
- "the ceilining is right Squidward, you're not a very good employee"
- I wonder if they paid Plankton to be in this video or this just happened during filming randomly
- "I knew I should've gotten the turbo"
- Mr. Krabs has a blank expression during the entire Plankton scene I love it
- Squidward remembers POOP!
- OH NO THE KRABBY PATTY ZOOMING IN WITH THE VOICE OVER'S MUSIC
- HIS CYMBAL SOUND IS THE BEST
- best part of the whole episode
- Spongebob licks the patty poster
- I remember when I first saw this episode I was so excited to find out the secret ingredient in a krabby patty AND THEY CUT IT OFF! It killed 10 year old me
So the episode is over. I know that because Blake Shelton just told me about him hosting the Kids Choice Awards. Whenever I see a good episode of Spongebob at 10 am I record it for later and usually just watch it late at night when I can't sleep. It almost always never helps. Well that's it for this edition of TV Time! Check back next time when I probably re-watch another episode of Spongebob